How to convert and compress (lower the file size) 4K videos to HD videos
People complain that their computers do not support 4k resolution video + the size is too large. In this tutorial I will show you how to convert video to HD quality and reduce the file size.August 11, 2022 13:17
To convert and compress videos i use HandBrake software. HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs.
Reasons you’ll love HandBrake:
- Convert video from nearly any format
- Free and Open Source
- Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Does not spoil the quality
- It's Free!
Download HandBrake Software from official website - handbrake.fr
1. Install and open HandBrake
2. Drop the video file that you want to compress and convert to HD quality
3. In the Presets choose Fast 1080p30 (Default) preset.
4. Click on Audio tab and remove audio by clicking circle X
5. Click Start Encode to start all the process.
6. You can see conversion process here
When the program finishes processing your video file, the video file should be of HD quality and much smaller in size than the original.
Original file 4K/Big size Example:
Converted and compressed file HD/Small size Example: